Fin neck bolts,Carriage Bolts – What Do You Know About Them?cylpro
All of us know what bolts are. These are the parts used for fastening two or more materials. There is a huge variety of fasteners or bolts today. Different types of bolts have their own set of properties, advantages, and areas of application. One such widely used type of bolt is a carriage bolt. These bolts are also referred by the name coach bolt. Just like other bolts, the carriage bolts can be of various types. What are these different types of coach bolts? Where are they used? The answers to these questions lie in the following post. Please read on to know more.
Different Types of Carriage Bolts, Their Properties, and Applications
Here are some of the most commonly used types of carriage bolts, along with their properties and application areas:
- Round Head, Ribbed Neck: These carriage bolts are made from low carbon steel. These types of coach bolts have serrated or ribbed shoulders and feature a round head. They are mostly used in soft and ductile metals, plastics and wood.The standrd are DIN ,ISO and IFI, the common size is 1/2”and M12
- Round Head, Short NeckCarriage bolts: These bolts have a round head, and a short and square-shaped shoulder. They have a unified thread pitch, and are generally made from low or medium carbon steel. The short neck of these bolts makes them suitable for use with sheet metal, as a standard size neck can create an obstruction. The standrd are DIN ,ISO and IFI, the common size is 1/2”and M12
- Flat Head, Square Neck: As the name suggests, they feature a flat head, which gives a lower profile on the top or front side of fastening as compared to that of a round head bolt. These types of coach fasteners are specifically designed for the garage door industry.
- However, they can also be used for other applications.Din 609 , din 603 is common standard
- Fin Neck: The fin neck carriage fasteners are most commonly made from low carbon steel material. These fasteners feature a round head and a flat bearing surface. The bearing surface of these bolts makes a 90° angle with the shank. The fin neck bolts are mainly used in thin plywood,common size is 1/2”x3/4” and M12x25 M12x35
This is everything that you needed to know about these extremely useful types of fasteners. Do you wish to know more about these fasteners? Does it interest you to buy these carriage bolts? Well, if your answer to both these questions is “yes”, then it is a good idea to talk to an expert manufacturer and supplier of these fasteners. T&Y Hardware industry is one such expert.